Friday 19 December 2008

festive shenanigans

Got utterly shit-faced at the office Christmas Party yesterday. Vaguely remember shouting at the DJ to play Ghostbusters, pissing into the Thames and falling onto a night bus, but the moments in between are all a bit of a blank. Odd that I feel so chipper this morning then. No doubt I'll get hit with a bout of the DTs later. Ho-Hum.

The all day booze up meant that I missed new comics day. No bad thing really. What with the increasing number of books switching up from $2.99 to $3.99 and the rumour that with the pound continuing to nosedive UK prices might go up even further, I'm currently reassessing my comic buying habits. 

Obviously I'm not considering giving up the hobby altogether, but I might have to make the dreaded switch from weekly buyer to Amazon trade waiter. Sad, but it's beginning to look like the sensible option. There's always illegal downloads of course, but I still can't deal with comics on a computer screen. Tried reading Batman RIP like this, but it just doesn't work for me. Even if I did enjoy digital nerdery, I'd still want paper books as I do the majority of my reading on the bus to work.

Don't feel ready to make the switch to Amazon and the world of collected editions just yet though, so I'll be strapping on the old nerd sack this afternoon and shuffling over to Gosh where I plan on buying the following...

CONAN THE CIMMERIAN #6 

HELLBLAZER #250 

SUPERGIRL #36 NEW KRYPTON 

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #581 

THOR GOD SIZED #1 

FEAR AGENT #25 


Not exactly a massive week, but a solid one. I'm going to give Hellblazer #250 a look as it's a special issue featuring a raft of Hellblazer creators from the past. Fraction's take on Thor has been ace and the rest you know about. I was going to write a little bit about each one, but to be honest I've started to feel a bit ropey and might have to retire to my stinkpit for an hour or two. 

No comments: