Thursday 1 January 2009

Portuguese super-hero murals

Happy New Year chums! I'm feeling very fragile, so let's start 2009 gently.

Those of you with long memories may recall THIS POST from back in September.

Well, for some time Portuguese frind of LLC, Diogo has been emailing me to let me know that there are other super-hero murals to be found in Lisbon. He's been kind enough to take some pictures of the biggest of these paintings which can be found on the staircase of a hotel in the City. As always, clicking on the pics will afford you a bigger scan...




Great stuff. I recognise the covers of Marvel's Handbook of The Dead, plus several details from Amazing Spider-Man and a couple of Teen Titans comics. There are even some swipes of the ABC Warriors from 2000AD in there.

Many thanks to Diogo for taking the time to snap the photos. If anyone else has any other examples of comic based street or public art, I'd be happy to receive and post your pics.

2 comments:

Michael Leader said...

I'm sure when I've been up near Old Street station I've seen a stenciling on a wall of something comics related. Can't remember the exact subject, though. Next time I'm up there, I'll take a snap.

Nothing compared to that Portuguese brilliance, though!

DG7 said...

Check out my blog. I did comic book characters using stencils.