Saturday 27 March 2010

Dick Giordano

Here's a scan of Batman#509...


It's a fairly crappy comic that kicks off the Knightsend saga in which Bruce Wayne goes all ninja on some fella who's taken over the Bat Mantle after Bane snapped Bruce's spine. Summat like that. I can't remember. It doesn't matter.

Anyway, I picked this issue up for 25p at one of the Royal National marts. Wouldn't normally have bothered, but it's signed by writer Doug Moench and all-round comic book legend Dick Giordano who died today. There's a cracking obit up at Comic Book Resources. Proper legend, and there aren't too many of those left now.

R.I.P.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice find! Sorry to here here about Dick Giordano.Maybe catch up with you next mart, I was on planet weird this time round, only lasted just over an hour at the comic mart before the aliens commandeered my brain. I could use your advice and practiced eye next time!

pulpsfromthebothy said...

Just left an 'anon' comment in a semi intoxicated state. Just so that you know that was my waffle.

pulpsfromthebothy said...

just left an 'anon' comment by accident. Just to let you know that was my waffle.