Sunday 26 August 2007

Shorts

Busy, busy, busy!

Yes True Believers, the stress of having a premature baby in a special care unit is taking it's toll at the moment.

So GARGGGH!

Anyway, a few bits and bobs for you

Firstly a link to an interview with Zack Snyder in which he talks about Watchmen some more. Nice to see Dave Gibbons getting involved and I'm looking forward to the Nixon prosthetic. Interview HERE
..............................................................................................................................................................................

I made a flying visit to Forbidden Planet on Friday to pick up some comics.

As is my way when hitting FP, I flitted ever so briefly into the role playing section where I was stopped in my tracks by possibly the lamest looking D&D expansion EVER!


Perleasssse! How may adolescent boys (I assume they still make up the vast majority of D&D's player base) are going to want to role play Shakespeare plays? Uggh.

If "The taming of the shrew" was in fact called "The taming of the orc" I could see a case for this nonsense. As it is though its a ridiculous idea.

I guarantee this monstrosity will sit and gather dust on FP's shelves for years.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

As you can imagine, I'm somewhat behind on my comics reading at the moment. I did manage to peel issue #2 of Matt Fraction's excellent new comic The Order of my teetering "to read stack"though. Fun stuff. Most notable for being the first and probably last Marvel comic to include a Julie Burchill quote. Now there's someone you never thought you'd see in spandex.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

Speaking of the tight shiny stuff, I'm heartened to see that "Sodam Yat" has overtaken "Guys in spandex" as the number #1 search term by which people find their way to L L C.

The arrival of Green Lantern Corps #15 (or The Sinestro Corps War #5 as it will come to be known) has led to an upsurge of people hitting this site in their quest for more knowledge on the man who would be Ultimate Green Lantern.

Sadly I've given you all the info I have on your favourite Daxamite at the moment, but I do recommend this website to anyone who fancies trawling for more.

No comments: