Wednesday 11 June 2008

Frau Skull

A hectic couple of days at LLC with sick babies and boxes of the Mrs's old tat impacting on my need to read vast amounts of comics. Thankfully it looks like the lad is on the mend now (fingers crossed) and although the delivery of my other half's stuff is clogging up the house, there are plus sides to the clutter, namely this...

Yes, it's female Red Skull! Apparently this was one of Becky's favourite dolls as a child. I've now adopted her (the doll, not Becky) as LLC's official mascot. Sehr gut!

So aside from going through boxes of old toys and cleaning up baby sick what have I been doing? Well I've read both DC Universe #0 and Final Crisis #1 again, this time in tandem with the excellent Final Crisis annotations site. I know I've already mentioned it, but seriously, if you're reading Final Crisis you need to check out the annotations. I've seen a bunch of reviews of Final Crisis where people have complained about the confusing nature of the book, but everything becomes a lot clearer with the help of Mr Wolk's fine blog. Read it, read it, read it. If nothing else, the extra time spent on it will make you feel that you're getting value for money out of at least one of your expensive American comics.

1 comment:

Rebekah Higgitt said...

It definitely was not my favourite - far too creepy.

Becky