Wednesday 20 May 2009

Top Fives

The football season is drawing to a close and that means work is getting quieter. This allows me to spend my evenings in the office scanning ebay for MODOK Heroclix, reading comics and wasting time on social networking sites. Huzzah for the summer!

To be fair, I'm wasting a huge amount of my free time at home on the internet too. I've got particularly hooked on the Top Five app on Facebook. Like all the cool kids, I was annoyed by this silly thing at first, (If you know Facebook, then you'll be aware that you're constantly getting bombarded with other people's tedious top fives), But once you start doing them yourself, they become horribly addictive. Here's one I did in the early hours of this morning...

Note: I use the valium as an anti inflammatory not to calm any anxiety - although obviously,  I do like to pop a pill or two before handling the Swiss Army knife. 

Anyway, there are lots of comic book related top fives to be done, all of which I find very difficult. For example, trying to nail down my five favourite heroes or villains is pretty much impossible. I gave up on the heroes and eventually settled for this list of villains...
  1. Red Skull
  2. Starro
  3. Sinestro
  4. Joker
  5. Judge Death
I think those are my five faves, but it's difficult to say for sure. Starro wouldn't have been on the list last week, but I've gotten a little obsessed with him/it/her over the last month or two thanks largely to the excellent DC book REBELS. Judge Death probably doesn't even qualify as a super-villain, but he's on there anyway as he's by far and away my favourite British created villain and I had to get one Brit in. Sinestro is Green Lantern baddie #1 and Green Lantern is my favourite book, so duh! Joker should be on everyone's list because he's the mother lovin' Joker for cripe's sake! and The Red Skull is Nazi numero uno! But what about Doctor Doom, Green Goblin, Braniac, Kingpin etc? Gahh, PANIC ATTACK!!! Quickly, show me the calming picture of the Starro and the Slaves of Starro Heroclix...

Ahhh! tis better again.

1 comment:

Jared said...

Starro is an excellent choice. Plus, he had that awesome appearance in the JLA/Sandman cross-over. Poor Starro. Tough to beat Superman AND Dream...