Wednesday 20 January 2010

The most metal FF book EVER!

To Hackney Oxfam where I purchased a tatty old stack of Fighting Fantasy books. That's my bit for Haiti done then. Phew.

I've decided to try and build a complete run of FF purely from charity shops. No ebay, no secondhand bookshops, just charity. Bring it on. The 15 I nabbed yesterday brings my total to 20. Among the dog-eared haul - this beauty...

Love that cover! Sensationally good. The codpiece, eagle, eyepatch and spiked flail would've been metal enough, but to have the geezer riding a sled pulled by two sabretooth tigers?! FUCK YEAH! Break like the wind, baby!

4 comments:

Mr A. P. Salmond, esq. said...

Wait, is he on a sled, or is he actually riding two sabretooth tigers? Holy shit!!

Dom said...

OR is he just wearing HUGE sabretooth boots?!

I will let you know when I've completed the adventure book!

Jared said...

That's a fantastic idea for a collection. If you stretch the definition of charity to include "all small bookstores", Any Amount of Books on Charing Cross Road had a small stack of them a few weeks ago. Not sure if they're still there.

Geekily, I have not one, but TWO copies of FF books signed by Livingstone. Thanks, eBay. I'm quite proud of them, honestly.

Dom said...

I'm pretty determined to do it purely through charity shops. Stupid I know, but it feels like more of a challenge.