Sunday 30 December 2007

Sunday stuff

A few bits and bobs before I head off for work...

I see Robert Kirkman is finishing up with Ultimate X-Men, that's good news for Kirkman and Ultimate X-men. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Kirkman fan, but his run on Ultimate X-Men sucks. Perhaps it's the fact that he's chosen to make the book a homage to the 1990's or that there are whole issues in the run where nothing happens, I don't know. Just didn't get on with it at all.

If you ask me his talents are best served on the creator owned stuff he does for Image: Walking Dead, Invincible, Astounding Wolf-Man - now them's some good comics! The man is a master at creating his own universes, but seems to seize up a little when asked to operate in the Marvel U.

***************************************************************************************

Watched a few films over Christmas. Favourite was 28 Weeks Later. I know it wasn't well received when it came out, and I can understand why a lot of folks wouldn't like it, but I found it enjoyable. Perhaps the fact that I work in Canary Wharf where much of the film is set helped, after all who wouldn't enjoy seeing their office overrun by zombies and torched by the US military?

Sure, the whole Robert Begbie zombie stalking his kids thing is a bit daft, but there are some superb set-pieces, London looks great and those opening 10 minutes are as good as anything you'll see in a horror film. Not as good as 28 Days Later as a whole, but better in parts.

*************************************************************************************

Another fine issue of Special Forces hit the comic shops last week. What a great comic. Has to be my favourite cover of the year...


************************************************************************************

One for your diary...


I can't be arsed with Lost Girls, but I will be taking along a copy of Barely Legal for the dirty old fuckers to sign.

1 comment:

mr wheatley said...

iam with crescenet on this one!