Monday 3 March 2008

Kill Quill

As someone who usually treats the onset of a cold as a sign that they are about to die of a particularly painful form of cancer I don't tend to get much sympathy from my nearest and dearest when I'm under the weather. Given that my girlfriend and our son both got hit by the hideous gastro bug that laid me out on Friday night though, I think there are at least a couple of people out there who know that I was genuinely sick this weekend.

Yup, the bug that struck us was a motherfucking piece of invisible evil. Seriously, by Saturday lunchtime the missus and I had gone from feeling mildly queasy to the point where we were both literally crawling about on our hands and knees willing the good lord to end our pain. We puked and crapped until our backs ached and our heads thumped. Both of us got badly dehydrated, and right in the middle of it, as I lay in delirium mindlessly gibbering about the weather, next door's hulking ginger tomcat decided to invade our flat and start attacking me. It was horrible. I have a vague memory of fending him off, but the box headed fuckbag still took a chunk out of my hand before I managed to raise myself from the floor and shoo him away.

Fuck knows how we managed to deal with our sick six month old at the same time as all this was going on. The poor mite had a tough old time of things and is still struggling to keep his food down. Thankfully he's looking a bit livelier this evening. In fact we all seem to be coming out of it now.

Obviously then, I've not done much comic reading over the weekend. I did have another look at Tygers this afternoon in honour of the next issue of Green Lantern which features none other than Quill of the Five Inversions (SEE HERE FOR PREVIEW PAGES).

Sadly my excitement over the return of this Moore/O'Neill creation is tempered slightly by the fact that he appears to be killed almost as soon as he reappears. Looks like he's the poor bugger destined to provide the blood which the red lantern needs to be anointed in to start sparkling.

Oh well, it'll be nice to see him again however briefly.

No comments: