Sunday 1 February 2009

Disaster

Fffuck! Overslept, missed comic market. No time to post anything as I have to go to work. Not much chance of posting anything tomorrow as I'll be on baby duty. In lieu of any real content, have a picture of a price list...

Not the best of pics, if you can't make it out here's the important stuff: $2.99 comics now cost £2.25, $3.99 comics now cost £2.99. 

I can't cope without my monthly fix of Green Lantern but other than that, this increase just about spells the end for me and single issues I think. 

Doom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled onto your blog, and I'm finding your reviews of the London Marts a particularly good chuckle! You didn't miss too much yesterday.
Krypton's new issue bargain bins have gone up in price, Incognito had some great stuff from the last month all for a pound an issue, and there were some silver age bargains to be had. No sign of the Obama Spider-man, ditto for the Thunderbolts issue...

Dom Sutton said...

A-ha! Thanks for the update. Was the Krypton feller still desperately trying to flog his own comic book to people and being rude to anyone wanting assistance with actually finding stuff in his boxes?

Anonymous said...

Yeah he was still pushing Tales of the Wonder Kind, I'm all for people creating their own comics but I just don't get the point of homage titles, I could never get into Alan Moore's 1963. Still a wall of those is preferable to a wall of Batman 681's for a fiver a pop and that was Krypton's set up last mart...
...btw you're spot on about Green Lantern, Geoff Johns is writing some great stuff at the moment, if only DC had got him on Final Crisis.