Saturday 10 November 2007

Saturday shorts

I've spent most of today trying to read the Brubaker and Fraction Immortal Iron Fist trade, not always easy when you've got a little baby who pukes or shits every five minutes. Still, I've gotten about half way through. It's every bit as good as I knew it would be AND THEN SOME!

Part of the joy comes in guessing where Fraction ends and Brubaker begins. I'm 90% convinced that Fraction is responsible for mechagorgon and the two coolest words I've seen in a comic this year...

GUN FU!

Whatever, the two complement each other perfectly to produce a quite fantastic martial arts book. Well worth picking up.

*************************************************************************************
Spilt a cup of tea on my Tom Baker Robot DVD and have been forced to try and make a new DVD cover as a result. Unfortunately my crappy old printer can't cope with all the colours. So, marvel if you will at pink Tom and the bubblegum robot...


*************************************************************************************
From a beat up old copy of World's Finest #147 that I picked up for a bargain £1.25, here's a picture of a walrus beating shit out of an octopus...


Those are tears of joy you're weeping kids. Tears of joy.

*************************************************************************************

An Indian man wearing a t-shirt of a black man doing Kung Fu.

Oh well, I thought it made for an interesting camera phone pic.

*************************************************************************************

Because the mighty Dave F keeps telling me that Avengers Illuminati is so good, I picked up the final issue. Meh. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one Dave.

Looks like another rush job from Brian "I wrote 50 comics this week" Bendis.

Not to knock the man (the last ish of Ultimate Spidey was top drawer) but Illumnati #5 is a bit clunky...

Bwahahahaha! Oh dear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didnt say issue 5 was good did I?
Hehehe...