Thursday 15 November 2007

Shopping list

Heavens to Mergatroid! I've barely started reading last week's pile of nerdrature and already a new stack of overpriced sequential art is about to clog up my life. I tell you, at the moment I'm finding it a hell of a lot easier to buy my comics than read them. Such is the power of a new baby. They sap your energy and take control of your life, a bit like Venom I suppose only with a toothless smile. Bless.

Anyway. When I can stay awake long enough to actually put some constructive thoughts together I'll return to the reviews, for now these little shopping lists will have to do you.

Sooooooo here's what'll be taking up space in my bulging nerd sack this week...

Mark Millar Unfunnies #3 (of 4)(resolicited)
Mark Millar Unfunnies #4 (of 4)(resolicited)

Oh my, this is finally going to wrap up?! Even by Millar standards the delay on this has been REEDECULOUS! I can't even remember when the last one came out (two, three years ago? Something like that). Anyway the first couple of issues were superb, tasteless and totally unlike anything else Millar's ever done. Really funny, pretty disturbing and horribly sick. Love it and very happy to see it!

All Star Superman #9
OK so you know I said I have a love hate relationship with Grant Morrison's comics? Well this is one for the love pile baby. When he's on it, the boy is on it. Of course having Frank Quitley on pencils and the spectacular digital colouring of Jamie Grant helps. A proper comic.

Suicide Squad Raise The Flag #3 (of 8)
Oh crikey, Look I really liked issue #1, but right about the time I started reading issue #2 baby Jack puked or pooed or something and I never quite got round to finishing it. Still I'm sure it's good and I'll get round to reading it one day. Dear, dear. I am weak.

Un-Men #4
Ermm see above.

Wonder Woman #14
Hmm. I might pick this up because it marks the start of Gail Simone's tenure on the title. Now I'm not about to unleash my man boobs and go burning my bra or anything, but I like that Wonder Woman's going to be written by you know...a woman. Right on sister, I'll give it a shot.

World Of Warcraft #1
The solicitation notes for this sum up how I felt after two solid months of playing WOW 12 hours a day, seven days a week...

"A human is found unconscious on the shores of Kalimdor, with no memory of who he is or how he arrived there."

Oh dear. I don't want to go back.

It's by Walt Simonson though. Does that make it OK?

Official Handbook Of The Invincible Universe TP
Part of me really wants this. You see I own MINT condition copies of all but three of the 1980's run of the Deluxe Handbook of the Marvel Universe and I won't add the missing three issues until I find them in similarly pristine condition. Mmmm, purty super-hero encyclopedias.

On the other hand I think, hang on Invincible's only been going five minutes. Yes, it is probably the best super-hero title out there right now, but do I really need a handbook for it? I mean if I want to know about Angstrom Levy I can just read the back issues. Plus it's all on the internet these days anyway.

Hmm I'll probably buy it.

World War Hulk #5 (of 5) WWH
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! This has been really quite good. I hope they don't mess it up right at the end.

That's it..............

Yes I know. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Black Dossier and all that.

I'm waiting, it gives my girlfriend something to buy me for Christmas.

Pip, Pip!

2 comments:

mr wheatley said...

i got special forces, excellent stuff. You are right on all counts.. what huge knockers she has.. any way.
i out nerded you by splashing £8 on cinefex. its dirty but its nice! its one of those magazines that as a kid i'd look at a marvel at how a. any one could afford it and b. who would be dull enough to read it! and hey its me!

Anonymous said...

ha ha. £8 on a magazine? OH DEAR!

sorry about being so brief on the phone yesterday, we'll catch up soon for a bevvy.

Dom