Tuesday 11 September 2007

Laid up

Against the better advice of my nearest and dearest I decided it would be a good idea to move some furniture around yesterday. Obviously this is a bad idea when you have two slipped discs that are easily aggravated, but muggins here ignored the warnings and went ahead anyway.

Result? I am now laid up in bed in complete agony, pissing in a saucepan while wondering what the hell I'm going to do when the time comes to take a dump.

On the plus side I do get to take large amounts of heavy duty painkillers and three valium a day. Marvellous. Oh I do like codeine and valium. Mmmmmm sleeeeeeepy.

I also get to read a lot of comics. Been working my way through the Astonishing X-Men today. It's a spanking good read and has some very pretty pictures to boot (sorry that's about as much criticism as I'm able to manage at the moment. Valium is very pleasant, but it doesn't exactly sharpen the mind).

*************************************************************************************

I enjoyed the first part of Comics Britannia well enough. Not exactly a fan of the Dandy, Beano etc, although obviously I devoured them as a child. I think the remaining episodes will be more interesting.

Don't forget that as part of the season BBC4 are going to be showing EVERY episode of Batman. Glorious news I'm sure you'll agree. The first one airs at 7.30 tonight.

Right I'm going to pop some more pills and work on filling that pan full of piss. Ta-ra.

1 comment:

mr wheatley said...

watched the first ep with will. he was sooo excited. Ive never seen this crazy twist dancing pissed up batman before.. it was brilliant